- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
Primary Objective of Position:
Electrical engineer will develop, design, and document all related electrical components and subsystems used in RV products. Product input and requirements will be provided by Product Management, Engineering Management, and Manufacturing Engineering under defined work direction. Position requires an advanced body of knowledge of wiring and electrical systems used in RV products. Position executes vision and plans for connectivity on Winnebago platforms.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of time schedules for the design, documentation, and testing of products. Work closely with Program Control to schedule adequate time for development, design, documentation, and testing of each unit.
2. Responsible for all new designs that can be integrated into production and manufacturability of products. Work with Manufacturing and Quality Control to ensure all new designs can efficiently be integrated into the production areas. This will include giving both verbal and written communications. Work with vendors as needed to develop cost-effective systems to be used in our RV products.
3. Coordinate with the Body Design group to allow an efficient development of new floorplans within Product Development.
4. Design products that conform to applicable codes and standards, including: NFPA, NEC, RVIA, NHTSA, FMVSS, CMVSS.
5. Research and present new processes, new material, and new products that will enhance the final product, improve quality, or lower the cost of the RV products to Management.
6. Works on defined design projects lasting up to six months and will make independent judgement on routine problems.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Engineer or Engineering Manager as needed.
8. Develop and deliver connectivity component/systems that follow the Winnebago strategy, and support product life cycle plans across all of the Winnebago platforms.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. Four or more years of engineering experience in electric system development for new vehicle products would be preferred.
3. Experience in vehicle connectivity would be preferred.
4. Proficient in Siemens NX or similar CAD Modeling Systems.
5. Experience with Siemens Teamcenter would be beneficial.
6. Experience with Mentor Graphics Capital ECAD system would be beneficial.
7. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
8. Project experience with complex, multidiscipline programs would be beneficial.
1. Lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
2. Climb stairs.
3. Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
4. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl underneath RVs.
5. Use hands and arms to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects.
1. Work usually takes place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
2. May need to visit production, Model Shop, and testing facility areas as needed and may be exposed to noise, air pollutants, etc.