4LEAF, Inc. (4LEAF) is a professional services firm specializing in providing plan review, project inspection, and on-call inspection services to municipal Building and Public Works Departments throughout California, Nevada, Washington, and New England.
4LEAF is seeking highly qualified full-time plan review candidates within the Central Massachusetts area. Candidates must be qualified to perform technical plan reviews on building plans submitted by architects, engineers, contractors, and owners for compliance with structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, accessibility, and general conformity to applicable ordinances, laws and State building codes.
- Reviews plans and specifications of residential, commercial, industrial, public or other major developments to ensure compliance with building codes and ordinances;
- Advises architects, designers, contractors and developers on code and design requirements;
- Assists building inspectors on difficult or unusual code requirements;
- Answers inquiries from the public relating to the regulations for building and housing construction, remodeling and repair, including structural, nonstructural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and zoning matters;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge of building, electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing, zoning, energy and accessibility codes and regulations;
- Two (2) years of experience plan checking drawings for building code compliance;
- Basic knowledge of building materials, construction methods and other related codes;
- Blueprint reading and complex regulations; Federal, State, and Municipal codes and regulations governing housing and building construction, rehabilitation, alteration, and use and occupancy;
- Appropriate fire restive construction and building methods.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with contractors, builders, and the public;
- Must have excellent customer service skills including, good listening and negotiating skills;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Must have the ability to identify and solve complex problems by conferring and providing information to developers, engineers, architects, property owners, contractors, and others regarding code requirements and alternatives.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, 401K Plan, Flex Spending Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $50.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations