Alongside a team of passionate, creative engineers and entrepreneurs in a fun, fast-paced innovation center, this role offers a unique opportunity to directly impact the energy industry using cutting-edge technologies and tools. Shell TechWorks (STW) has developed a company-leading technology delivery methodology that blends systems and design thinking to produce highly effective solutions. You will not only have the opportunity to develop innovative systems and products, but will be a part of helping to shape a truly collaborative, cross-functional team with a mission to transform both the company and the wider energy industry as a whole. As part of a product team you have the opportunity to think and operate like a startup to take an idea to a full fledged product.
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is responsible for development and deployment of full-stack web/mobile, internet of things (IoT), cloud, and optimization global solutions. You will apply broad experience in modern software development to ensure adherence to industry standards and help build architectures that are highly scalable and maintainable. As part of a small, startup-sized team, you will take on multidisciplinary roles to understand user needs in the field, rapidly develop solutions, and deploy testable prototypes across a variety of Shell’s businesses.
- Communicates architecture designs with internal (software and multi-disciplinary project team) and external (other Shell stakeholders, industry partners, vendors, etc.) parties involved in our projects
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, patterns, and procedures
- Develops software and follows our SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) which includes:
- Agile sprint tasking and management using task tracking tools such as Azure Devops
- Configuration management using Git and Github with GitFlow familiarity
- Writing unit and UI tests that run on a CI (continuous integration) server for each feature and regression
- Publishing software pull requests and performing code reviews using Github
- Strategic decision making for software commercialization within or outside of Shell
- Creates and follows a schedule to meet deliverables on time
· Relevant engineering degree(s) with a solid understanding of computer science
· 7+ years of experience fielding software systems as a software developer and at least 3+ years of experience designing software systems as a senior software developer
· Expertise with spiral and agile software development in React.js, Node.js, GraphQL, Typescript, Python, C# and familiarity with infrastructure deployment is preferred
· Full stack design and development for:
· Web and mobile applications
· Optimization engine development
· IoT Cloud Platforms (AWS or Azure)
The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success:
· Willingness to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally (not currently traveling due to COVID)
· Staying current with software development technologies and passion for learning
· Ability to balance priorities while multi-tasking
· A helpful and positive attitude toward working with others
TechWorks is invested in maintaining its inclusive, fun, and close-knit culture. We provide generous training and development opportunities for employees, in addition to compensation, benefits, and vacation. Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, able to nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team.
A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better energy future.
This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in Boston’s Seaport District. Cenergy International Services (CIS) is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Please apply directly to the position at https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/ by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Software development: 7 years (Preferred)