Klöckner Pentaplast is a global leader in the production of rigid plastic film solutions for primary packaging of pharmaceuticals, food, electronics, medical devices and consumer, as well as printing and specialty applications. Our film solutions protect products, ensuring both, product integrity, consumer health and safety. We work hand-in-hand with customers developing innovative solutions to establish and enhance their brand’s identity.
By choosing Klöckner Pentaplast, you get the strength and stability of a global company. We manufacture the industry's broadest range of products and continuously develop new technologies, formulations, and solutions. We produce films at plants in 12 countries across four continents, and our reputation for quality, customer service, and technical support is unsurpassed in the industry. We continuously strive to advance sustainability practices in the markets we serve.
With the emergence of the plastics industry in the 1960s, Klöckner Pentaplast was founded in 1965. kp has grown from its initial facility in Montabaur, Germany, to current operations in 12 countries with 18 production sites. The company employs more than 3,200 people committed to serving customers worldwide.
Quality Champion Wanted in Beaver , West Virginia!
Reporting to our Site Manager, you will get to direct and manage primary quality initiatives as a partner in the making of a Best in Class high-tech plastics manufacturing site.
- Lead by Example – actively support kp‘s values, mission and vision by exemplifying and promoting a culture of Accountability, Integrity, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Sustainability, and Quality;
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of operational best practices that support kp‘s values, mission and vision;
- Create a quality vision and drive performance excellence through prevention, engineering and program controls;
- Manage and oversee the direction of Quality at the site through continuous improvement activities;
- Align the site quality system to reflect ISO 9001 requirements and successfully implement ISO 9001 at the site;
- Provide the necessary technical expertise to improve Quality performance at the site;
- Help develop a Quality culture by hands on leadership and working with department managers to ensure performance is being met;
- Refine and implement reporting, visualization, and communication of quality performance within the organization;
- Support cross functional teams to resolve customer complaints through a customer issue resolution, utilizing the Quality Improvement Process (QIP) and an effective corrective action system;
- Exchange information and best practices within the global Quality team;
- Drive continuous improvement using key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Provide guidance for all functions on quality processes, starting from the voice of the customer (VOC) and product design up to product delivery to the customer – customer satisfaction;
- Build and develop the quality competency to enable the organization to deal effectively with quality requirements and to facilitate continuous improvements;
- Provide training on quality tools (RCA, auditing, rational thinking skills, etc.) and systems to personnel at the site;
- Identify and propose recognition for quality achievements;
- Give guidance and advice on logical methods of SPC data collection that will improve product quality;
- Provide input and help identify capital equipment needs for improving output, yield, and quality;
- Ensure effective communication at site level and into regional quality organization;
- Support new equipment, technology, training, and resources for continuous quality improvement;
- Establish standardized protocols, guidelines, and methods (ex: customer issue resolution process for return of aged materials, customer accommodations, test methods, etc.) for regional processes; align with global processes;
- Represent regional interests across the organization at the global level;
- Ensure quality organization works in a safe and ethical way – advancing kp core values and establishing a quality culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Polymer Science, Chemical, Mechanical and/or Manufacturing engineering required;
Minimum of five years of experience in quality management, particularly around process and program improvement in manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering in a continuous process industry.
Effective interaction with stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization and an open-minded approach will be key to success;
Certified ISO 9001:2015 Audit is a plus.
Have we piqued your interest? Great. We look forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your earliest start date. Klöckner Pentaplast is an equal employment opportunity employer, which makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, reprisal, or any other classification protected by law. EEO