AtlasIED is looking for a Senior Acoustic Engineer that has a drive and passion for audio. The position is responsible for designing transducer, enclosure and loudspeaker/ microphone products from beginning-concept into the final market place.
- Interfaces with other engineers, technicians, and project team members in order to determine and achieve the desired product requirements.
- Discusses design, method of manufacture, method of test, potential suppliers, CAD requirements, and other procedures with team members to coordinate product development and realization.
- Supports Material Planning with vendor/supplier quotes and price negotiations, recommendations, and problem resolution and technical issues/questions.
- Researches new techniques, products, materials, and processes as well as new vendors/suppliers as required.
- Works to optimize the integration of acoustic components and concepts into product designs.
- Perform acoustic calculations and simulations, provide acoustic requirements for product specifications, evaluate product and project requirements, and assist in development of products.
- Preparation/review of test plans, procedures, and reports including assessment of validity of test methods, results, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Acoustic Engineering, or Physics,
- Minimum of five years’ acoustic engineering experience – speaker/subwoofer design experience preferred,
- Understanding and experience with some acoustic test and simulation systems (MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASERA, Klippel, SoundCheck, TEF, DATS, BassBox Pro, Clio, Audio Precision, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with SolidWorks 3D,
- Experience using Audio Precision is a plus,
- Experience using FineCone or FineMotor speaker FEA or COMSOL or ANSYS SW is a plus,
- Proficient understanding of vibration theory, structural mechanics, and failure analysis of materials,
- Proficient understanding of materials used in speaker manufacturing,
- Extensive experience with acoustics, noise control, and acoustic modeling,
- Proficient experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic multimeters,
- Excellent project management skills comfortable with multiple simultaneous responsibilities,
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus,
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
AtlasIED is an EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place