The following position(s) are now open:
Graham Corporation is a great place to work with excellent benefits! Graham currently offers company paid Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer Dental & Vision insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance for you and your family. There is a very generous 401k match with no vesting schedule, 11 paid Holidays, a yearly Company paid Defined Contribution and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Service Technician- R&D
- Responsible for all aspects of technical service work, in the R&D building. There will be a period of training, after which the individual will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision. The individual may be required to work with senior levels of customers, management, engineers, and technicians. Reports directly to the Director of R&D.
- Work with R&D staff to develop performance test procedures for products to be tested, set up performance testing, use performance test and performance test equipment as required.
- Operation of miscellaneous R&D equipment and systems including boiler, cooling towers, pumps,etc.
- Keep records, maintain files, and follow in-house paperwork, procedures, and systems.
- Observe safe work procedures and maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Have understanding of mechanical repair of equipment
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience of 2-5 years.
- Must have boiler experience.
- Must be able to learn to operate basic machine tools – lathe, mill, and radial drill.
- Must have working knowledge of various types of instrumentation including, but not limited to vacuum, temperature, and level instrumentation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Knowledge of vacuum equipment is desired with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- May be required to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet. May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Graham Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Graham Corporation participates in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Boiler: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Only full-time employees eligible