Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Department: Engineering - TBD
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 07-03-2019
Approved By: General Manager
Approved Date: 07-03-2019
Georg Fischer Harvel, LLC with U.S. corporate headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas and plants throughout the U.S. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Georg Fischer AG located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Recognized for superior quality and product innovation for nearly 50 years, Harvel Plastics (now Georg Fischer Harvel LLC) has been the industry's leading manufacturer of PVC and CPVC piping systems, thermoplastic duct systems, and machining stock extrusions.
Backed by an unwavering dedication to innovation and unrivaled technical expertise, GF Harvel provides solutions for industrial piping systems including process piping, dual containment, acid waste, and high-purity, servicing industries such as chemical processing, energy, marine, cooling technology, water treatment and microelectronics both domestically and around the world.
Engineers and contractors also rely on GF Harvel's innovative plumbing systems for residential, commercial, and high-rise construction. GF Harvel also produces a full range of specialty piping systems for emerging technologies including renewable energy and biotech development.
About the Opening: Project Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope. He/she will oversee all aspects of projects from ideation to manufacturing pilot runs and release. The Project Manager will work with stakeholders to align on priorities, to set proper project deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor/summarize progress of projects. Maintaining a healthy velocity of development activities will support the organization in creating an experience of simplicity, reliability and desire to select GFPS products for process applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the efficient and effective execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and focus through each development gate
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Leadership and Team Management
- Critical Thinking, Decision Making and Execution
- Strategy Development & Communication
- Strong Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
Education and/or Experience
BS Degree in Science or Engineering field with 5-7 years of directly relevant experience in product development or MS degree in Science or Engineering field with 4-6 years of directly relevant experience in product development. Project leadership certification preferred.
Experience with product development processes from product requirements to launch and sustaining, including product requirements, verification, production and launch.
Project management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software. Basic knowledge of relevant CAD software (EDA, mechanical CAD) are desirable or should be acquired.
Occasional travel may be required.
Georg Fischer Harvel, LLC
7777 Sloane Drive
Little Rock, AR 72206
Job Type: Full-time
- project development: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Other types of insurance
- Child Care benefits
- Flexible schedules