AOI is a leading supplier of high-speed transceivers used in fiber optical communications. We are looking for a highly motivated semiconductor laser design and modeling engineer. Responsibilities include design, modeling, and simulations of InP-based high-speed and high-power semiconductor lasers. The candidate is responsible for creating models and software to develop next-generation new optoelectronics products in a dynamic RD team.
- Apply in-house design packages, commercial software, and self-written scripts to create high-speed or high-power laser device modeling and simulations, including optical waveguide, DC, RF, and thermal simulations. Perform RF/Analog/Digital circuit and system designs for CATV (Cable Television) and ISP (Internet Service Provider) Networks.
- Design process flow and photomask with device fabrication engineers.
- Coordinate design verification with in-house Growth, Processing, Packaging, Characterization, and Reliability teams.
- Analyze experimental results to improve the design or model.
- Work as a team to propose new laser designs and provide supports to design optimizations.
- Provide regular written and oral reports on design tasks and progresses.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics or other related fields; or M.S. degree with 5+ years relevant laser design experiences
- 2+ years of work experience in semiconductor laser design is preferred.
- Exceptional new graduates are acceptable with appropriate academic experience.
- Preferably having previous design experiences in one or more of the following areas: high-speed laser, electroabsorption modulated laser (EML), or high power laser
- Mastery of Matlab or other programming languages.
- Grasp the theory of semiconductor laser, photodetector, and other optoelectronic devices.
- Knowledge of basic semiconductor device fabrication process is a pl.
- Self-motivated, careful, detail-oriented, and with logical thinking.
In addition to competitive salary, AOI offers
- Initial and annual refresh grant of restricted stocks
- Flexible and competitive health (medical, dental, vision) plans offer the employee with the right options to meet individual and family needs
- Employer matching on 401(k) deferrals
- Generous PTO policy with 16.5 days to start, and unused PTO at 100% payout at end of year
- Relocation package
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- semiconductor laser design: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location