Coastal Blooms Nursery is looking to hire an a Maintenance Engineer in this position you will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. Using multiple software platforms, you will oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs, managing teams of up to 4 people. Your role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of all the processes inside the greenhouse. Under direction of the Lead Automation Engineer you are required to maintain open communication about any doubts, questions, changes and/or issues. You will improve production facilities, reduce the incidences of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Follow up on maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
- Continuous improvement and administratioin of PM programs for all equiment and buliding systems.
- Maintain log of all maintenance perfomed.
- Ensure all work has been completed on time in a safet, prompt and professional manner.
- Peform analysis to determine the root cause of the most critical and repetitive equipment failures.
- Monitor greenhousesoftware and ensure all programming is accurate and interfacing with hardware.
- Check alarms on all irrigation, heating, cooling and dosing equipment in the greenhouse.
- Report daily to the Lead Engineer regarding the status of work and projects.
- Conduct metings with the maintenance staff and growing team to train on new hardware and software.
- Control and track maintenance inventory (tools and equipment).
- Participate in maintenance meetings when topics include greenhosue systems, projects, maintenance issues, etc.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as needed with projects.
- Inspect equipment and conduct routine maintenance regularly.
- Provide technical support and trainings on new equipment.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Engineer or similar position in a team based envoronment.
- Agriculture industry experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanicial, electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Ability to read systems schematics.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures.
- Good communication of safety and equipment procedures.
- Good communication and training skills.
- Spanish skills are required, bi-lingual is a plus.
- Someone who likes to work hard and have fun on a skilled and fast-moving team.
Our Core Values
1. What you do is who you are- Be trustworthy and act with integrity. Building trust builds a better company.
2. Evolve and improve- Our team continuously learns from and leverages mistakes as opportunities to accelerate personal and organizational growth.
3. Support Each Other- Above all, we're a team. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together.
4. Be Bold: Take action - just go -We strategically choose challenges, initiatives and opportunities that seem insurmountable, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because our common goals will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win.
5. Enjoy the journey - We create and foster an environment that we look forward to coming to each day, and one that we leave feeling fulfilled.
Hours and Availability
This is a full-time position
This is an on-site position
Hours: M-F: 7am - 4:30pm & Saturdays 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
What's In It For You
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off
Great company culture
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative