Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineer to develop video processing applications using our hyperspectral imager. The successful candidate is going to be part of our agile software development team working closely with DevOps and Machine Learning teams on integration and support of advanced real-time image analysis models, developing new features for our web based alarm management application.
We need people who can think on their own and see software as part of the entire product. The ideal candidate you should enjoy taking ownership of projects or defined deliverables, and want to work in a collaborative environment with a small team. Creativity, independent thinking, and vision are required.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Work in an agile environment with other developers, Product Managers, and our algorithm team to develop and implement new software programs
- Work closely with SDE team members and collaborate with algorithm developers to help define the scope of the product
- Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall product
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of experience working with C++ and Qt
- 3+ years of overall software development experience, preferably with an emphasis on image processing or video streaming applications
- Storing and analyzing data using a variety of data stores (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Proficiency with REST APIs
- Knowledge of jQuery and/or Python
- Familiarity with modern best practices for HTML and CSS development, including LESS or SASS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with image processing tools such as OpenCV, as well as optimizing image processing code for real-time analysis
- Familiarity with video encoding tools such as FFMPEG, and H264
- Experience working with and configuring CMake build scripts
- Proficient with Git version control
- Excellent Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Experience using and developing for Linux systems
- Familiarity with GPU-based image processing (CUDA/OpenGL) is a plus
- Experience working with or developing web applications is a plus
- Located in Houston or willing to relocate
2327 Commerce St #200,Houston,Texas,77002,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.