The Product Engineer will lead the planning, designing, development, and testing of products as it aligns with engineering processes from concept to production. This person will be responsible for communicating with Project Management, Manufacturing facilities, and suppliers. The Product Engineer will also attend customer meetings with project managers as necessary. This individual will bring innovation to our designs, existing products, and new developments while considering the impact on performance and cost.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Problem-solve using different methodologies, tools, and creative solutions to developing or existing products.
- Leads design verification; review designs with internal team and customers to ensure all requirements have been met.
- Perform tolerance stack-up studies and modify designs appropriately.
- Apply Datum dimensions, use GD&T experience as required.
- Understanding of 3-D drawing programs such as Solid Works, Pro E, and CATIA.
- Develops and adheres to time schedules that are in line with the master project plan; identifies risk factors and makes project team members aware of possible challenges and potential solutions.
- Prepare, edit and create engine component and assembly drawings and models for approval.
- Support the preparation of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to change structures and components as warranted per internal/external customer request.
- Research, collect data and/or make mathematical calculations to recommend or make design changes to product or component parts.
- Communicate relevant information between and across departments.
- Train others in the department as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and 3D CAD.
- Experience with implementation and application of GD&T standards.
- Able to collaborate in an environment with a multitude of cross-functional interactions.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, suppliers, and other business partners.
- Knowledge of various assembly methods and plant-related launch activities.
- Experience with the engineering of plastic and metal forming is preferred.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Certificate in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing - GD&T Training (preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location