Estimator – Residential Renovation Construction
This role is based out of Groton, MA
Who We Are:
Platt Builders is a general contracting firm that offers Partnered Design, Project Management, Custom Cabinetry & Millwork, and Finish Level Carpentry. These specialties enable us to deliver turn-key custom home construction and remodeling projects. Our investment in these core service offerings allows us to control the pace and quality of production and leads to frustration-free projects for our clients.
We are looking for a professional with a proven track record in estimation for residential remodeling construction. You will be tasked to utilize your strong construction knowledge to build estimates for project by working with sub-contractors and vendors.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Perform take-offs, pricing and bidding of construction projects while adhering to Platt Builders standards.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for estimate and work with Sales team to review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Organize sub-contractors quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS Degree in a construction related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of construction estimating experience experience with all phases of construction
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel required;
- Plan Swift or similar take-off software experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
What is in it for you:
A rewarding career where you are well paid, well respected and challenged. Our benefit package includes paid vacation days, paid holidays, health, and life insurance benefits with a 75% employer contribution, as well as a 401k plan with a company match
Platt Builders Inc. is an award-winning remodeler and custom cabinetmaker based in Groton, MA. We specialize in high-end residential remodeling along the route 2 corridor. We have a company-wide tradition of respecting people. At all levels we are construction professionals and we expect a high level of performance and positivity from everyone. Each employee is expected to teach, learn, and stay focused on safety. We have more than 25 years of construction experience and over 900 very satisfied clients, and enough experience to know that the right fit is key to a wonderful contractor/client relationship and long and productive employer/employee relationship.
Sorry, no relocation available. We are an Equal Opportunity Organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Residential Renovation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place