The Durisol Noise Barrier Systems is the market leader in the noise barrier and retaining wall industry. The company provides the design and supply of materials for proprietary noise and retaining wall systems – including Durisol precast absorptive noise barrier panels, transparent noise barriers, Soundstop sheets, fire-rated barriers, narrow footprint retaining walls, and DARWS – proprietary MSE retaining walls. Our company works as a sub-contractor/material supplier on MTO, DOT, and privately owned projects. We perform all duties associated with our jobs, including sales, marketing, civil engineering/design, supply, and construction support. We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer with proven geotechnical experience in our Hamilton, Ontario location.
The successful Structural Engineer candidate should hold a Post-secondary Degree in Civil Engineering, with course work in geotechnical and structural studies. Possession of a Professional Engineering designation in a Canadian Province or Territory is required.
- Utilize predetermined methods to perform the structural design and analysis of various products, from preliminary to final stages.
- Provide sketches for CAD designers and review CAD drawings
o Perform engineering calculations and assessments for structures compiled of various materials.
o Visualize and create the necessary details pertinent to the development of design plans and shop drawings for various products.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Prepare technical reports and calculation packages.
- Perform complex structural engineering tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Provide quality control of all design and drafting work associated with assigned projects.
- Review and interpret client’s geotechnical report, borehole logs, etc.
- Conduct inspections of project sites and prepare detailed reports.
- Liaise with customers during design and construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Post-secondary Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in engineering and design.
- Experience with a review and interpretation of geotechnical reports is required.
- Experience with ground improvement design as a basis of a value-engineered retaining wall solution is required.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering designation in a Canadian Province or Territory is required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software is required.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical design (deep foundations, retaining walls) is highly desired.
- MTO and/or DOT experience is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of relevant design codes, CHBDC, AASHTO, and AREMA is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative within predetermined guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in collaboration with other personnel in various departments within the company.
- Ability to communicate with other technical/construction personnel outside the company.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective management of multiple and conflicting priorities.
Durisol Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. We foster an inclusive organizational culture as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a client-focused organization and offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- MTO and/or DOT: 3 years (preferred)
- Construction/Geotechnical: 3 years (preferred)
- Structural Engineering & Design: 5 years (preferred)
- Professional Engineering Designation (preferred)