Chief Engineer, RF Systems
Bascom Hunter is an advanced technology and product development company. The Company is a leader in RF systems, advanced artificial intelligence, thermal management systems, and other important technologies for Department of Defense and commercial applications and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer for RF Systems.
The qualified candidate will be a highly collaborative, strategic, technical, leader with the proven ability to lead the design of new RF systems. Internally, the Chief Engineer will guide strategic R&D initiatives, stay abreast of relevant technology trends, assist the business areas from both a product and project emphasis with strategic planning, ensure that internal investments are aligned to the business case, advise and lead various system architecture activities, build teamwork and collaboration, coach and mentor.
On the customer facing side, the candidate will build relationships with key customers, understand and articulate their needs, lead the design of effective system solutions, provide win/win technical proposals and ensure their success with our solutions.
- Setting architectural vision and customer-driven objectives in an entrepreneurial, product/solutions business
- Win customer confidence through integrity, thought leadership, technical communication, problem solving and capability demonstrations
- Possess subject matter expertise in RF Communications related to a wide variety of use cases involving SATCOM systems and other RF systems
- Provide systems engineering leadership responsibilities for government and commercial programs.
- Function as technical advisor/coach/mentor to product/project engineering teams for RF Communications
- Facilitate collaboration between engineering groups through working relationships, design reviews, peer reviews
- Author strategic technical proposals for emerging technologies
- Perform systems requirements analysis, decomposition, and implementation on complex signal processing systems
- Guide, coach and mentor junior engineers
- Prepare and perform effective presentations demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a highly technical level
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of progressive experience in RF system design and product development.
- Expert level systems engineering background: demonstrated team leadership and collaboration, including the ability to work with geographically separated teammates.
- Experience in the following: SATCOM, RF communications, DSP algorithm design, embedded real time systems, digital and analog hardware design and analysis.
- Relevant, current industry experience and demonstrated strategic technical insight.
- Hands-on development experience with real time hardware, software, or firmware.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and systems architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with writing technical proposals.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- RF system design and product development: 10 years (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Only full-time employees eligible