Exmark Manufacturing (a division of The Toro Company) is seeking a Design Engineer to lead product development projects in our dynamic team environment. Exmark is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial turf care equipment in the U.S. and is located in Beatrice, NE. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Lead product development projects. Perform engineering analysis and design for new and current product development. Works as part of a cross-functional team to deliver solutions that ensure customer satisfaction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and coordinate the design and development of new product concepts, new products, or improvements to existing products.\
- Performs engineering analysis to predict the behavior of the proposed designs.
- Develops product design plans including budgets and schedules. Executes to plan and assists in control of project.
- Consults with designers, other design or test engineers, product managers, customer service personnel, and manufacturing engineers on proposed product designs.
- Works with vendors to develop or optimize designs, specifications, and quality to meet the needs of the application.
- Performs functions as required by established engineering procedures including project requests through engineering release and change management procedures.
- Actively participates in the development and understanding of customer requirements. Assures that designs meet the requirements of the internal and external customers, including various aspects of manufacturability, safety, quality, durability, and productivity.
- Key member of product development team, which might include Operations, Test, Drafting, CAE, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing, Advanced Manufacturing, Sales, Technical Publications, Administration, and Management.
- Works with test engineers and technicians to develop and conduct tests and analyze results to ensure performance against requirements.
- Keeps abreast of new technology, components, concepts, materials, manufacturing processes, or competitive environment, as well as engineering tools, which would affect the design or design process.
- Some travel required to test sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, and others will be required.
About The Toro Company:
With roots dating back to 1914, The Toro Company (NYSE:
- ProE/Creo or similar parametric 3D CAD experience required. FEA (Ansys or similar) a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office products, especially Excel. Experience in DFMA, MS Teams, LabView, (DAQ) systems, electronic controls development, hydraulics development, CFD, lean, Six sigma or other engineering tools/knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Graduate of an accredited university or college with a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related technology.
TTC) was built on a tradition of quality and caring relationships. Today, the company is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf and landscape maintenance, snow and ice management, underground utility construction, rental and specialty construction, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. Through a strong network of professional distributors, dealers, rental stores and retailers in more than 125 countries, we proudly offer a wide range of products across a family of global brands to help golf courses, professional contractors, underground construction professionals, groundskeepers, agricultural growers, rental companies, government and educational institutions, and homeowners – in addition to many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. For more information please visit us at www.thetorocompany.com or www.exmark.com.