Position Summary: The EHS Engineer will identify environmental programs appropriate for each location and implement solutions to maintain compliance with all requirements. Multi-site coverage to include (Louisville, Indianapolis, Nashville, Council Bluffs, and Oklahoma City)
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
· Coordinates and oversees various environmental sample collection activities and analyses, and determines sources and methods of controlling hazardous substances in the air, water, and soil.
· Performs analysis on emissions to maintain compliance and insure that operations have capabilities for future growth.
· Stays current with and assures compliance of governmental requirements, and completes all required records.
· Obtains and maintains environmental permits as required.
· Recommends new policies or procedures as necessary.
· Plans and establishes schedules and follows up performance against estimates.
· Manages, develops, and coordinates environmental control processes and activities, including air and water quality, hazardous waste, and land conservation policies affecting the organization and its responsibility to the organization and the public.
· Evaluates hazards and potential hazards within facilities and determines environmental risks.
· Abilty to identify hazards and eliminate injury potentials. Strong understanding of ergonomics principles and how to apply them.
· Provide onsite EHS training on related topics such as – LOTO, Ergonomics, SWPPP, Hot Work, etc.
· Assist with implementing Corrective and Preventative action from Near miss events, first aids, and recordable injuries.
· Maintain and propose leading indications and corporate metrics.
· Further development of the company’s safety culture
· Propose methods for achieving a proactive approach to safety
· Aids Manufacturing, Engineering, Employee Health and Safety, and Facilities personnel with chemical handling and environmental issues and to correct deficiencies and maintain compliance with applicable regulations.
· Advises operations management on steps to prevent or mitigate environmental issues in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations and with organization goals and objectives.
· Assist Regional EHS Manager with EHS site management initiatives as needed
· Minimum 4 Year Degree preferably in Environmental Engineering or health and safety, with at least 4 years’ experience in a heavy industrial setting,
· Strong environmental change management expertise and experience
· Multi-site responsibility
· Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and complete project scope along with solid analytical skills for problem solving.
· Strong appreciation for a logical, step-by-step, organized and results-orientated project within agreed upon time lines.
· Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with leaders and staff in all business divisions and corporate functions
· Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional influencing and communication skills with past experience in a turn-around lean environment.
· Able to effectively provide guidance to the organization which supports the TRTG corporate strategies, goals, and objectives for environmental leadership and compliance.
· Able to effectively build, lead and collaborate on teams and effectively communicate, both verbally and written
· Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
· Certifications a plus.
· Able to travel up to 50% by air/automobile
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
· May work in a shop floor environment supporting use of proper PPE (noise, eye, foot)
· May work in office setting
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement