The Mechanical Engineer helps design, develop, test, and manufacture mechanical devices, including tools, engines, and machines. This position’s primary emphasis is to create process simulations, analyze process flow, labor utilization analysis, construction estimate requests, test new processing methods, capital project analysis and preparation. Along with the development and assisting with the maintenance of standard data, the Mechanical Engineer will execute Green & Black Belt level projects.
Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Investigate project assignments and prepare project plans that assure the accomplishment of project goals.
- Provide cost estimates for projects
- Investigate reasons for system inefficiencies and recommend solutions based upon the results of the investigation.
- Works closely with Operations & Engineering staff to support and improve manufacturing processes
- Assist in development and help document manufacturing processes and new assembly methods
- Responsible for the successful completion of a new production build
- Monitor and interpret manufacturing defect data and quality trends
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to various Quality Management Systems
- Support all corporate and local 5S objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs
Expected Areas of Competence (KSAs)
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Ability to execute detailed instructions and procedures
- Ability to manage and flex competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Basic knowledge of production processes and material flow
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Lead Six Sigma continuous improvement certification training, preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with computer applications such as AutoCAD, preferred but not required
- One to three years’ experience in an Engineering role preferred
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial industry preferred
- Prior experience with robotics preferred
Travel up to ten (10) % may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and
Individual with Disabilities