Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding, polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review drawings, data, engineering and customer requirements for quality and inspection needs.
- Perform receiving inspections, first article inspections, part approval inspection, in process inspections and final inspections and documenting in accordance to company procedures.
- Program and operate CMM’s for part inspections (Zeiss CMM’s with Calypso Software, Romer Portable CMM with PC-Dmis software)
- Perform part inspections utilizing variety of inspection toolssuch as calipers, micrometers, indicators, bore gages, plug and pin gages,surftesters, comparators.
- Provide input on process designs and strategies
- Create documentation supporting Chapter 2’s inspection processes(Inspection Xpert, Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Review and disposition of Non-Conforming Product
- Assist in calibration and maintenance of inspection tools,equipment and areas as needed.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment with specific responsibilities to the Quality Lab
- Assist with quality training in inspection and quality operations for employees of Chapter 2 as needed
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Production Manager and/or departments as needed.
- Previous CMM programming experience (Zeiss & Calypso preferred but not required)
- Ability to use the appropriate measuring and testing equipment
- In-depth understanding and ability to properly interpret and apply GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Previous machining background
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and Inspection Xpert
- 2-3 years' quality control experience
Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual, able to work independently and well with others.
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees:
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Paid Lunch
- Climate controlled facility
- Great work culture
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be:
- 2018 Wisconsin Family Business of the Year
- 2015 MMS TOP SHOP
- ISO 9001 and 13485 Certified
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please visit: http://www.chap2.com/contact.html and fill out an application under our Careers tab today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused