Silverside Detectors is developing next-generation nuclear radiation detectors and systems that help governments reduce the threat of nuclear terrorism. We’re a bootstrapped, product-led startup based in Cambridge, and thrive on solving tough problems on short timelines. We work directly with federal agencies and local first responders to provide the best science in the most practical, user-oriented solutions to increase our collective security.
Company Team and Culture: Silverside’s management team includes physics, industry, manufacturing, and engineering experts with years of industry experience developing and taking products to market. We collaborate generously, learn voraciously, execute with tenacity, build on our mistakes boldly, and go home at the end of the day—we love our work, and we keep room for the rest of life.
Job Description: Silverside is hiring a full-time software engineer, to lead a three-year DARPA-funded research project. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and testing key systems independently and as part of a team. Silverside is a start-up, and the only guarantee is that there will be surprises and opportunities that emerge. A desire to learn and willingness to pitch in on this interdisciplinary team is essential.
Responsibilities include development and management of:
- Network communications on an embedded IOT devices
- Data acquisition and processing applications
- HTTP based web applications
- TCP/IP based client/server socket applications
- Python applications for embedded Linux devices
- C#/.NET applications to integrate with third-party applications
- Systems for automated management of third-party sensors, primarily networked cameras
- Database architecture for local and distributed systems
- Server administration protocols
- Project management and team lead for DoD-funded research program, including written reports
- Strategic planning for software infrastructure and product development
- 5 years of experience, including project management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with software development in Python, including third-party libraries for data processing and GUI development such as Flask, Django, and PyQT.
- Experience adapting and expanding an existing code-base
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. H1-B sponsorship is not available.
Job Type: Full-time
- C#: 5 years (Preferred)
- Python: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative