General Experience: 3+ years
Clearance: Active Secret Required and ability to obtain TS/SCI
Location: Deploy – OCONUS locations to include Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq for up to 6 months at a time rotating with other deployers.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of experience or Associate’s Degree with 5 years of experience or High School Diploma with 8 years of experience.
Become a member of our technical staff supporting the Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD).
- Support technical intelligence (TECHINT), media exploitation (MEDEX), cell phone exploitation (CELLEX), electronic exploitation (ELEX), and other unique exploitation missions.
- Conduct electronic analyses of target devices, including functional analyses of the target devices, understand and describe how the target functions from an electronic perspective – basic signaling characteristics; voltage levels; electrical connections; electrical modifications to commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware; logic states; operating frequencies; component configuration identification; operating profiles/modes; operation in noisy electromagnetic environments; and susceptibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert in RF characterization.
- Publish reports and briefings in order to present characterization information, electronics vulnerabilities, and exploitation recommendations.
- Work with a team to respond to RFI’s and determine best consolidated solutions to problems.
- Design and implement characterization standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implement SOPs in daily functions.
- An understanding of RF communications, with a particular emphasis on complete characterization of electronic circuits.
- Extensive experience in electronics engineering.
- Experience using benchtop RF equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and other equipment.
- Perform standard RF measurements (e.g. occupied bandwidth, average power, pulse width) using the previous listed test equipment.
- Experience in synthesizing and generating various types of RF waveforms using and arbitrary waveform generator.
- Experience in reverse engineering electronic devices from start to finish
- Experience in reverse engineering electronic components and circuit boards.
- Experience supporting exploitation and modeling and simulation tool development.
- Working knowledge of software defined radios (SDR), such as the Ettus B210 and x310. Able to interface with such units in order to transmit or receiver RF signals.
- Basic Matlab (and other basic programming/scripting) skills, should be able to apply digital signal processing techniques to communication signals. Techniques include digital filtering, sample rate conversion, frequency/phase estimation, demodulation, carrier recovery, timing recovery, channel equalization, pulse shaping, and forward error correction.
- Experience working with embedded systems such as Arduino and writing programs leveraging the SPI bus to configure and analyze various chipsets.
Job Type: Full-time