A note from the CEO: Pacific Signaling is looking by the end of 2019 to hire 2 full time technicians who can perform complete install and programming of Fire Alarm and Security Systems. We are a growing company who needs top level technicians to work alongside other top level installers and technicians as we install dynamic life safety and alarm solutions. If you are looking for a challenging place to grow and be supported, we would love to meet you and talk about your future and growth in new solutions.
FIRE ALARM INSTALLER / PROGRAMMER
Technical Labor: Installations, Terminations, Programming and Testing of Fire Alarm and Security Systems
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, modifies, maintains, programs and repairs fire alarm panels.
- Test all systems and equipment, after repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
- Installs pull stations, smoke detectors, and duct detectors.
- Performing maintenance service calls at customer sites on security, fire, PA and various other systems.
- Install, diagnose and repair/replace wiring, devices and both analog and digital control panels for fire alarm systems
- Maintain and repair smoke and heat detectors, magnetic door holders, and fire alarm system components, including circuit cards, power supplies, software, copper and fiber optic systems platforms.
- Serve as a technical advisor on systems programming and configuration, as well as coordinate code requirements with local fire marshals.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- All aspects of fire alarm hardware and software systems.
- NFPA codes and local codes.
- Possess knowledge of computer programming and technologies related to fire alarm, security and other low voltage systems.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Communicate systems performance to customer.
- Oversee and ensure proper completion of work performed by team members, and train technicians and other employees on proper procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals and product manuals to properly program and verify new systems.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Ability to work independently.
- Safely drive a company vehicle.
- Ability to hear horn and/or warning devices at a distance of 30 yards.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing and walking significant distances.
- Visual ability (uncorrected or corrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range.
- Work from ladders and scaffolds at heights above 30 feet.
- Four years related experience to include one year experience specifically working with fire alarm systems.
- California Fire Life Safety Technician Certification
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Minimum of NICET Level I – Fire alarm certification
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Installation, service, troubleshooting and programming numerous Fire Alarm Systems including: Silent Knight, Simplex , Notifier, EST, Fire Lite , and Mircom
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
Job Type: Full-time
- Fire Safety: 3 years (Required)