Join PCES, a full-service Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing Company. PCES strives to be unlike any other place our employees have ever worked by upholding our mission and values through: Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Flexibility.
PCES is currently seeking a Structural Designer to join our company. This position will work closely with our Structural and Mechanical Engineering team as well as other disciplines to complete projects for our customers within the oil/gas/petrochemical/process industries.
- Uphold the mission and values of PCES.
- Report directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment; interact with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
- Support and assist the Lead Designer and/or Structural Engineer in the overall engineering design effort of Engineering Services projects.
- Creation of drawings and other documentation, such as Foundation Plot Plans, Foundation Details, Structural Plot Plans, Structural Details, Foundation Models, and Structural Models.
- Work closely with drafting personnel by preparing design sketches and quality checks.
- Coordinate tasks with engineers, designers and project managers.
- Understand and apply safe practices and designs.
- Ability to complete assigned design tasks within allotted time and project schedule.
- Effectively manage client and internal communications to promote scope understanding and confidence in PCES.
- Work with clients to identify needs and develop project opportunities.*
- 5+ years of experience as a designer, preferably in structural steel and concrete design of industrial facilities such as gas plants, liquid terminals, LNG facilities, chemical plants, and bulk material handling facilities.
- Experience using Advanced Steel.
- Experience using AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- Experience using 2D AutoCAD to produce drawings.
- Experience designing structural steel for industrial facilities.
- Experience with concrete foundation design.
- Experience and capable of performing field walk downs to verify drawing accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of structural design and analysis software.
- Knowledge of codes and standards relevant to structural steel and concrete design (AISC 360, ACI 318, ASCE-7, IBC, e.g.).
- Some project related travel involved
PCES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule