Energy efficient home Construction Engineer
60/hr on w2
1) 4 years of relevant experience in the residential sector performing energy efficient home design, construction, inspection/testing/diagnostics or related activity.
2) Ability to plan and execute a project while balancing multiple goals on a team.
3) Experience in developing, designing, and teaching technical curricula.
** Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in construction or building science, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of the time.
- 4 years of relevant experience in the residential sector performing energy efficient home design, construction, inspection/testing/diagnostics or related activity.
- Valid California driver’s license required or the ability to obtain one prior to start date. Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrable work experience in the residential Home Performance field.
- Advanced degree in building science related fields or equivalent work experience (residential sector preferred).
- Excellent presentation skills, including presentations to upper management.
- Ability to plan and execute a project while balancing multiple goals on a team.
- Excellent communication, writing, speaking, and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrable experience managing contracts, budgets and directing contractor work.
- Thorough understanding of residential new construction and retrofit related terminology, technology, practice and building and energy codes.
- Familiarity with current Home Performance technologies and their implementation, including but not limited to building science fundamentals, building envelope strategies (air sealing, insulating, window selection, advanced framing, weatherization), mechanical systems efficiency (heat pumps, water system efficiency, ventilation and conditioning), inspection/testing/diagnostics (home energy rating, combustion safety), and other topics.
- Familiarity with emerging strategies related to zero net energy (ZNE), zero net carbon (ZNC), decarbonization and electrification, particularly in a California setting.
- Experience working with residential single-family and multi-family home developers, builders, raters, code compliance officials, contractors and installers in a variety of trades.
- Experience working with PG&E or other utility residential energy efficiency, demand response or distributed generation programs.
- Experience in developing, designing, and teaching technical curricula. * Knowledge of California's Title 24 Part 6 Energy Standards.
- BPI, HERS or similar certification.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $57.00 to $62.00 /hour
- building construction: 4 years (Preferred)
- HVAC design: 1 year (Required)
- mechanical systems efficiency: 1 year (Required)
- energy efficient home design, construction: 5 years (Required)
- please do share your best number email and time to reach you