Exciting job opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventure. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who we are:
Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals.
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking a Mine Engineer in Training (Mining EIT) at our Lalor Mine, located in Snow Lake, MB. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension, retiree benefits and employee share purchase plan as well as profit sharing. Relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake, Manitoba.
This position is a 5 and 2 schedule, 8 hours each day.
The individual would be responsible to provide a full suite of Underground Mining Engineering Services in a safe and responsible manner. Working together with safety, operations, and technical staff, the Mine Engineer in Training (EIT) will provide leadership and guidance ensuring optimal extraction of a complex mineral deposit.
The atmosphere is fast paced, dynamic and is built on trust. Leadership is focused on the individual, providing mentoring and coaching to facilitate employees reaching their full potential.
- Ensuring that all operations comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for short to mid range mine development planning. This involves designing daily and monthly extraction plans that are safe and efficient. Enhancing mineability through innovative designs and minimizing dilution. Determining risks to the plan and establishing appropriate mitigations. Liaising with operations and geology personnel to evaluate and plan the most cost effective mining of various ore zones.
- Responsible for blast hole engineering which involves designing long hole blasts and stope drill layouts. Reviews cavity monitoring surveys of blasted long hole stopes and performs statistical analyses on the data. Provides recommendations and design changes as needed.
- Travel underground to create viable plans.
- Other duties as required.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- University Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $81,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday