**For Enlistment Purposes Only**
Horizontal construction engineers use bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy equipment to move tons of earth and material to complete construction projects for the Army.
They are also responsible for operating tractors with dozer attachments, scoop loaders, backhoe loaders, hydraulic excavators, motorized graders and scrapers.
- Produce concrete with a mixer
- Supervise the building of asphalt producing plants
- Operate asphalt distributors, spreaders and kettles
- Perform combat engineer missions
- Operate equipment for paving and surfacing
Job training for horizontal construction engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of different types of construction and rough terrain equipment
- Maintenance and repair of equipment
- Identification of soil types and placement of grade stakes
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 card holder.
- Must be between the age of 17-34,
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass drug screen.
- No felony
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement