The Electrical Engineer works on several projects where technology and innovation play a crucial role to create detailed Electrical designs of specialty products for B2B and B2C markets in the medical, industrial and consumer gaming industries. As a member of the multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary design team, the Electrical Engineer will design and engineer complex platforms and systems and assist throughout the design cycle to meet customer requirements from the development of conceptual prototypes and architecture, through the development phase and into full-scale production.
The Electrical Engineer applies electrical and electronic principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results, and quality testing. This position supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works closely with engineering and design teams to design and develop new and existing products that meet performance specifications, deadlines, and cost goals.
o Works closely with senior R&D team members to translate concepts into integrated products.
o Reviews design specifications and requirements and develops designs to best support them to include the design of user interface and electrical enclosures, and plastic and metal mechanical components, mechanisms, and assemblies.
o Works with domestic and international suppliers and manufacturers to procure and fabricate electro-mechanical components.
o Leverages field-test data to understand and manage design trade-offs.
· Provides technical engineering support (Electrical).
o Uses AutoCAD Electrical to generate detailed AC/DC/Digital schematics for the products.
o Validates electrical designs through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis.
o Experience with LED flexible strips, LED display panels and LED control systems (NovaLCT/SmartLCT).
o Generates schematics, drawings, reports and other documents as needed and contributes to technical and program design reviews.
o Provides support to manufacturing and resolve quality issues related to electrical components, troubleshoot field-related technical issues, and quickly implement product updates.
o Works with clients to provide product specifications for their use.
· Evaluates product quality by working closely with internal team and consulting with client’s engineering and manufacturing departments to confirm system and product capabilities, designs and conducts research of Electrical systems, design feasibility and testing methods to test finished product and system capabilities, and confirm fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
o Participates in the evaluation and troubleshooting of product performance issues.
o Tests and re-tests designs and systems to isolate problems with mechanical equipment, and re-engineer product when problems are found to bring product to full functionality.
· Communicates and collaborates daily with design team to ensure all aspects of the project are being addressed.
o Performs hands-on engineering tests, and collects, analyzes, and presents data to project teams.
o Provides team with regular status updates to keep the team apprised of the progress and / challenges encountered on assigned projects.
o Prepares and maintains project documentation.
o Drives implementation of new technologies into product development and innovation of new technologies for future products.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & experience
· BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
· 1 to 5 years of experience designing electrical systems in a professional engineering position that requires performing an integral role in product development activities from concept through production.
· Experience and willingness to establish a robust electrical design process
· Prior responsibility for and experience contributing to the design of packaging of electronic components.
· Experience working in a consulting agency or in a startup environment, collaborating with clients and teams throughout the design process is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Electrical Engineer works collaboratively with creative and cross-functional disciplines in a multi-project design/production environment. This position requires an entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindset, and the ability to pro-actively tackle challenges while managing details in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. In addition, the following is required:
· Proficiency withAutoCAD Electrical and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SolidWorks Preferred.
· Capability to create, read, and troubleshoot electrical schematics.
· Experience with LED flexible strips, LED display panels and LED control systems (NovaLCT/SmartLCT).
· CE, UL, FCC, and RoHS regulatory experience highly preferred
· Working knowledge of best practices of Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly (DFM/DFA) techniques.
· Can anticipate and resolve roadblocks.
· Can expertly manage customer expectations.
· Ability to work productively in an environment that doesn’t provide rigid boundaries and requires an ability to refocus / reprioritize with minimal advance notice.
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in a nontechnical manner, actively listen to others and manage differing viewpoints so the final product remains true to the objective.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· An enthusiastic team player with a high-level of infectious energy.
The Fi Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, national origin, age or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Fi Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Fi Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Fi Company employees to perform their job duties can and may result in discipline up to and including termination.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89113: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How familiar are you with LED display panels?
- creating/reading electrical schematics: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location