Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer, is an Engineer responsible and accountable to implement and deploy the OpEx Culture, Philosophy and Methodologies in all our sites and the future sites that will be acquire either in America or other continents; with the support of the site Leadership team. The main purpose of his/her role is to be a driver on lowering operational risk, lowering operating costs, and increasing contribution margin in all the organization by driving transformation across the manufacturing sites.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer primary responsibilities are to identify, plan and lead improvement projects across the Organization utilizing Lean Sigma tools and Methodologies. The responsibilities range from strategic to tactical, as well hands on; and will align with the overall company objectives of creating a ‘best in class’ operating model. The successful candidate will lead Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, mentoring and Continuous Improvement, which will improve safety, delivery, quality, cost, lead-time, and reduce product/process variation.
The individual is required to interact with various off-site Operation departments to achieve the results required of the position. The individual will be required to travel to all Resonetics locations and interact with the shop floor as well as location management and HQ personnel. The individual will support making routine recommendations in line with department goals and objectives. The position will require to travel several weeks in a Quarter, but also shall be able to Manage and lead projects remotely assigned to various sites.
- The successful candidate will be project oriented and be able to exert influence on project goals and long-range objectives.
- The candidate should possess the ability to lead and influence without having direct authority.
- Ability to perform economic analysis for assigned work.
- Maintains budget and timeline during projects.
- Evaluates labor practices and creates appropriate standards.
- Strong written and verbal English and Spanish communication skills.
- Strong Project Management Skills, knowledge and experience in implementing TPM/TPR as well KPI’s/KBI’s, 5S, Visual Factory, Kaizen Events, DMAIC, PDCA, A3, Problem Solving, Line Balance, VSM, Standard Work, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and long hours as necessary to meet requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of employees in a multi- tasking environment.
- Organization and time management skills, conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of leading OpX implementation.
- PMP certification, MBA or Master in Project Management, Tooling Design, Experience with Laser Contract Manufacturing or with precision Motion / Vision systems.
- Black Belt certification in Lean and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge and experience in Medical Device Manufacturing Industry and Highly Automated Manufacturing Processes.
- Statistical background.
- Ability to work long hours when necessary and to have a presence with a 24/7 operation.
- Willing to work in a startup growing company.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- OPX: 8 years (Required)
- Statistical: 8 years (Preferred)
- Medical Device or regulated Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Engineering: 7 years (Required)
- Project Management: 8 years (Required)
- Circle Pines, MN 55014 (Required)
- Black Belt (Required)
- PMP (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible