As a Product Engineer, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark. The Product Engineer will be supporting the development of high quality wood, aluminum, and vinyl products. This involves working in a fast-paced environment in support of new product development and innovation. Working as a member of the engineering department adapting and applying engineering techniques, materials, and concepts. Performing research to solve specific design problems and engineering calculations to solve routine engineering problems.
Here’s how you will contribute:
- Provide design/development, materials testing, specifications preparation, and research investigations on product, parts, and components that meet engineering standards.
- Design and create work according to standard engineering principles and practices.
- Perform research to solve specific design problems.
- Perform engineering calculations to solve routine engineering problems.
- Develop engineering drawings and specifications based on calculations.
- Help coordinate and troubleshoot with co-workers and supervisors on engineering design problems.
- Must have knowledge of design applications and have knowledge of equipment and systems appropriate to related discipline.
- Candidate must have knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles, methods, and practices as used in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have Bachelors degree in Mechanical Design or related technical field.
- Must have at least 2 years experience with drafting/design principles.
- Product Management experience a plus.
- Product testing experience a plus.
- Must be proficient with Windows productivity tools such as MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Working knowledge in product commercialization processes required.
- CAD drafting skills are essential.
- Must have high degree of proficiency using 3-D design software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Must be able to work and effectively communicate with project teams, interoffice departments and with co-workers.
- Must have ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Materials Flow.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance