We are looking for a Server Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with us to create, customize and monitor security-hardened software in support of mobile device management. The candidate will work in collaboration with application developers, engineers and technical teams.
If you have a solid software development background and have realized your passion for developing, then please consider us. This position may be placed in either the Ashburn, VA office or the Ottawa, ON office.
About CIS Mobile
CIS Mobile is a software company that provides governments with a modern secure mobility platform. CIS Mobile’s altOS platform allows employees all the benefits of off-the-shelf Android phones, including fully-featured personal use containers, while ensuring the government has complete control over the device. Our primary customers include organizations within the defense, intelligence, law enforcement, and homeland security communities whose missions depend heavily on their ability to communicate and exchange information in a secure manner and to operate in challenging physical environments.
CIS Mobile is a subsidiary of CIS Secure Computing, Inc. CIS serves the secure communications market as a leading provider of communications and computing solutions for government and commercial customers. CIS designs and manufactures a wide range of products, which include secure telephones (under the TSG protocol), secure computers (TEMPEST), encrypted tactical communication systems, secure tele- and video-conferencing systems, and a variety of specialty systems used in secure networks.
· Support and extend the altOS Services platform
- Design and build advanced web based services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Perform product design, bug verification, release testing, and beta projects for services running on cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Sever related product development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Familiarity with micro-services architecture
· Familiarity with https and REST
· Experience with functional programming languages such as nodejs or Scala
- Experience with unit and automated testing
- Experience with Git or some other Source Control system
- Experience with Linux
· Proficient in Java
· Able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
· High degree of initiative and creativity to suggest new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
· Team oriented with the ability to work cooperatively with personnel from various departments
· Excellent ability to communicate through written, oral, and presentation skills
· Strong attention to detail
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
· Frequently must use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms.
· Required to sit, stand and walk
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, as can be expected in a typical office environment.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
All clients/customers/visitors are required to pass temperature screenings and wear masks when in the office. Social distancing scheduling practices are in place.
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- Data Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place