1. Negotiates with suppliers and sub-contractors to achieve optimal price and deliveries of required materials and services. Obtains management approval for any price increases.
2. Consults with Engineering, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Production and other departments, as needed, to locate and qualify suppliers of required materials and services. Obtains management approval for purchase commitments with suppliers who are not approved vendors.
3. Generates accurate and reliable master production schedules based on forecast information, production yields, capacity data and inventory plans.
4. Uses computer-generated MRP reports to create and execute purchase orders and work orders, and modifies, reschedules and cancels them when required.
5. Works with production supervisors, Q.C. specialists and manufacturing engineers to respond to capacity, materials, manpower, and quality problems in production areas that may affect schedule integrity.
6. May assist with quarterly and/or annual inventory control activities.
7. Accesses the Company database to make changes to the Master Production Schedule. Obtains management approval for schedules which exceed forecast requirements.
8. Works well with others.
9. Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
10. Performs all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
11. Communicates on a regular basis with immediate supervisor about problems, concerns, and/or uncertainties which may affect successful performance of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday