To be considered for this position, please apply to our online application at:
York County School Division
Sr. Programmer Analyst
This position will work as part of the York County School Division application support group, a professional team supporting division teachers, staff and students to enhance learning.
The York County School Division supports several cutting-edge technologies including virtual and provisioned desktops using hosted applications via the Citrix suite of products, as well as cloud services from Microsoft’s Office 365. York County Schools are primarily a Windows 10 environment.
The position of Programmer Analyst is part of a team responsible for developing applications as well as providing support for third-party, purchased applications and managing a host of databases. This position will primarily develop applications using Microsoft’s PowerBI.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience developing applications using Microsoft’s PowerBI.
- Thorough knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Comprehensive knowledge of multiple computing systems, applications, and architectures, as well as leadership expertise in one or more computer languages and/or databases.
- Ability to interpret client’s needs for information and to determine appropriate solutions as well as alternatives.
- Ability to act independently and provide leadership at an advanced level of technical expertise to plan and manage significant technical projects.
- Ability to develop and deliver complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify complex systems and subsystems.
- Ability to specify and develop computer programs using a range of programming languages; to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding; and to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to stay abreast of and analyze advancements and trends in the data processing field and to make recommendations for changes and improvements to systems and/or programs when advisable.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Information Science, and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that meets the job requirements.
The York County School Division benefits include:
- Virginia Retirement System
- Generous contribution to employee’s health and dental insurance choices
- 12 days of paid leave the first year
- 12 sick days annually
- 17 paid annual holidays
Apply at: https://ats3.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00001380
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,596.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off