The Advanced-Level Project Engineer will implement, execute and manage capital projects to support manufacturing, perform conceptual and detailed engineering design and cost estimation for capital projects, as well as assist Director of Engineering and President with duties and responsibilities as required and as needed to support K2 operations.
- Construction scope and bid package development for small and large capital projects
- Coordinate and oversee the equipment and system installation, check-out, and commissioning
- Successful transition of deliverables to plant operation and maintenance staff (including operation manuals, maintenance documents, and technical knowledge)
- Develop manufacturing alternatives that meet the business requirements and provide recommended processing solutions
- PFD and P&ID generation and development
- Equipment specification, selection and evaluation of equipment suppliers
- Cost, schedule, and resource management of capital projects
- Lead multi-functional teams to ensure project execution
- Domestic and international travel up to 50%
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Appropriate combination of knowledge and experience in design, application and maintenance of process piping systems, calves, conveyor systems, food manufacturing equipment and process automation and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in CPG manufacturing process, construction practices, standards, and codes that support manufacturing.
- Willingness and ability to think outside the box and test boundaries in order to identify process and manufacturing alternatives that meet the business requirements and establish functional excellence.
- Basic understanding of common process unit operations and equipment, sanitary design and construction practices, GMP’s, as well as common equipment and suppliers.
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years working CPG industry; preferably chocolate, beverage or confectionery.
- Process engineering, design, and project management experience; including process troubleshooting and optimization
- Effective team player with good communication skills that is proactive, positive, conscientious, organized and efficient
This is an office position with requires 50% domestic and/or international travel, the ability to sit and/stand for long periods of time while in front of a computer, and the ability to lift at least fifty pounds
K2 Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food, CPG or Light Industrial project engineering: 7 years (Required)