Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
Faurecia Automotive Seating Division is looking for a Quality Engineer (QE) for our Ppant in Highland Park, MI.
The role of an Quality Engineer is to improve quality in line with the site.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical problem solving using PDCA.
- The implementation of the Quality systems and procedures on the shop floor.
- Inspection and testing activities relating to the products, and/or processes within the UAP.
- Internal / external customer and supplier liaison on quality matters.
- The implementation and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions.
II. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Coordination of closed-loop problem solving activities.
- Communication of problems to all departments.
- Define Quality Standards with Quality Manager and Customer, and supply Production, Suppliers, and Auditors with these standards.
- Develop and revise Quality procedures in order to maintain their effectiveness and continuously improve the working system.
- Analysis of customer returns to determine root cause and prevent reoccurrence of quality issues.
- Alert Quality Manager of any deviations in the Quality level.
- Assist the Manufacturing Managers in the training of the associates on Quality Standards and ensure proper skill level is achieved.
- Participate in FMEAs / control plans / production meetings.
- Participate in corrective actions planning, analysis, implementation and follow-up.
- Follow up on internal quality problems / supplier problems
- Provide support to the customer, internal / external with the shortest response time possible.
- Conduct supplier quality system and/or process audits.
- Facilitate supplier/customer quality meetings to address immediate quality concerns and to establish standard samples with customer and suppliers.
- Develop and implement Process Control Systems. (Poka-Yoke).
Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering; 3 to 5 years quality engineering experience in an automotive environment; skilled problem solver; Proficient oral/written communication.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Bachelor's degree in engineering with a specialisation in quality
Minimum 3 years experience as an SQA in an industrial environment
Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills
Ability to work in a matrixed organisation
International mind set, overseas experience a plus
Minimum bi-lingual (English required)