We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Location: YLW 5655 Airport Way, Kelowna BC, Canada V1V 1S1
Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility.750 of our 1,120 employees are employed in Kelowna. They spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year-round; from skiing at any of the five local ski hills, visiting the 200 local wineries, golfing at one of the 30 golf courses, or enjoying the amazing lakes and sandy beaches. In fact, Kelowna is Canada's second-fastest growing city in terms of household numbers and USA Today named the Okanagan Valley as the world's second-best wine region to visit. Our strong and growing company provides employees with the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that make a positive connection between career and lifestyle.
The Aerospace Engineer (Structures Repair) reports to the Repair Engineering Manager in Kelowna (YLW). The qualified individual will be responsible for developing engineering solutions for the repair of airframe structure and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides engineering support to maintenance as required for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status, including assisting with interpretation of the aircraft manufacturer’s repair manuals, drawings and other repair instructions
- Responds to requests from maintenance when technical assistance is required to support projects or resolve problems
- Researches, develops and substantiates repair plans for structural defects, corrosion, or service damage on transport category aircraft
- Maintains knowledge of current and pending regulations which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- All other duties as assigned
- Completion of an Aerospace Engineering Degree from a recognized secondary institution in the relevant engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Engineering experience in the aviation industry preferred
- Experience in the design and analysis of aircraft structural repairs
- Experience providing engineering support for hangar aircraft and live aircraft operations
- Familiarity with the structural design philosophy and primary and secondary structure repair methodology for Boeing or Airbus commercial aircraft preferred
- Should have the ability to analyze incomplete information and implement timely decision making while mitigating risk factors
- Should possess a thorough understanding of maintenance requirements, processes and procedures
- Experience designing, analyzing and developing repair drawings for aerospace structural non-conformances
- Experience in Structural Analysis (static analysis, fatigue analysis, damage tolerance analysis) preferred
- Experience with regulations (TCCA, FAA) and understanding of their impact on conformity and compliance (for example: certification and qualification) preferred
- Should possess a thorough knowledge of aircraft materials and hardware as well as Aerospace Engineering standards and specifications
- Competence in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Mathcad to a sufficient level to perform the day to day tasks
- Must be self motivated and disciplined in their work ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure team environment.
- Willing to work extra hours when required, including on weekend on-call rotation.
- Able to work independently
- Able to work as a team member and respond positively to instructions
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail orientated
- Effective time manager and ability to meet deadlines while performing tasks accurately
- Have a willingness to accept responsibility
- Good research skills
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal time off
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Aerospace Engineer (Structures Repair) position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Aerospace Engineering Degree (Required)