CIVIL / STRUCTURAL PE- FORENSIC ENGINEER— Mid Career -10-25 yrs of Experience!
FORENSIC ANALYSIS & ENGINEERING CORPORATION, (FAEC) - a broadly based, well founded, multi-disciplined, forensic engineering firm presently headquartered in Hampton, VA seeks a ‘Mid-Career’ level licensed PE engineer to join and become a key leader and loss site forensic investigator based in our Hampton, VA corporate office. Consistent & significant business growth and gain in market share over the past 5 years demands that we fill this key vacancy which recently occurred due to a corporate office operation expansion into Alaska and the NW.
We seek a Professional Licensed (PE) Civil/Structural engineer who has residential/commercial structural failure analysis expertise, soils movement/settlement causation analysis and system failure analysis experience. Past specific forensic investigation and deposition testifying experience would be a strong plus.
As the designated Principal Engineer-in-Charge and key member of FAEC’s Corporate staff, you will be asked to both perform and oversee that all investigations are provided in a totally unbiased, ethical and technically defendable manner and work to specifically address the question of “Why Did Some Particular Loss/Injury or defect occur.” Insurance companies, law firms, privateindividuals and members of the general industry located across the country call on FAEC to solve their mysteries. Thus, your professional licensure in multiple states would also be a plus.
Are you a proven leader? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you believe that your proven talents has prepared you to take on Corporate Level Authority and Responsibilities? Do you like to solve problems/riddles? Would you like to be financially rewarded commensurate with your annual contribution to the overall success of the firm? If you answered Yes to these questions, then FAEC would like to hear from your TODAY!
Please visit our website: www.forensic-analysis.com to learn about the exciting type of forensic investigationsFAEC and sister firms Forensic Marine Investigations International and Fire Forensics International offer our international suite of clients. You will be able to get a better understanding of the overall type of investigative questions our clients might ask you to “Establish Why” they occurred.
If you are qualified for this position then please email your current CV / resume, with an introductory letterstating why you believe your training and work experience would qualify you for this opportunity. Explain any past forensic related experience stating your own personal career goals and the salary structure you seek. All submittals will be held in strict confidence. Forensic Analysis & Engineering Corp is a 53 year old multi-disciplined, EEOC, drug and smoke free, business casual, professional, dog friendly, career employer.
- You will office in and Lead FAEC’s Hampton, VA Engineering Branch office * Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, roof damage, water intrusions, construction defects, and soil movements and other geo-technical issues. * Conduct Lab testing on evidence for product defectsand mechanical failures. * Investigate and assess damages due to weather eventsand natural disasters, such as storm damage, floods, snow storms and hurricanes. * Research technical publications and literature in support of evaluations and apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards. * Provide signed and sealed detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients. * Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within deadlines. * Provide leadership and mentoring to other Engineers in our company. * Peer review, sign and stamp investigative work performed by other Staff Engineers. * Communicate with administrative staff, Lab technician and clients to provide periodic timelines and investigation updates * Help the company gain new business via supporting marketing requests
- P.E. license REQUIRED. Licenses in multiple East Coast states a plus., * MINIMUM of a BS degree in Civil/StructuralEngineering; a MS preferred 10-25 years of Structural/Electrical engineering experienceREQUIRED. Some * Forensic Engineering Experience preferred. * Experience working with law firms and insurance companies HELPFUL Deposition and expert testimony experience preferred. * Requires strong analytical and field inspection skillsincluding having the ability to climb ladders on toroofs, crawl into tight spaces, and lift 50 lbs as needed * Occasional overnight – short term travel flexibility
- Reimbursement for all out of state PR license required continuing education * Company pays for all state licenses other than home state, it requests you have * Two weeks of personal vacation time earned over the course of each year * One week of personal/sick leave earned per year * 8-10 Paid holiday days per year * Occasional opportunity for working from home * Flexible time off based upon proper coverage * Annual profit sharing * Lucrative salary potential – enhances by supportive business you bring to FAEC * Quarterly Production Bonuses * Business qualified continuing education support * Birthday is a floating holiday just for you * Family Oriented/ Dog Friendly/ Professionally casual Environment * Daily free assortment of coffee / tea / snacks * Free, immediate proximity parking * Conveniently located with quick freeway access
If you believe you are qualified for this position then please email your current CV / resume, along with an introductory letter. If you are interested in working with us as a remote consultant, please include that information in your introductory letter. This position is for our Hampton, VA branch. We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer a drug free, smoke free, business casual but professional work environment.
Forensic Analysis & Engineering Corporation (FAEC) can establish the cause of an accident, mold, water damage, fire, or structural failure. In fact, we've been committed to "Establishing Why" since 1966. At FAEC, our qualified engineers and scientists respond quickly to provide technical solutions. Every step of the way, from investigation to expert witness testimony, we work closely with you. We explain our procedures and results, saving you time and reducing your overall case expenses.Our areas of service include insurance, legal, corporate and construction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19