Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
The New Jersey office of Kleinfelder is growing and has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer or Geologist with 4 to 8 years of experience to work on a number of complex large-scale remediation projects throughout NJ.
The scope of work will include the entire project lifecycle from site investigation through remedial design and implementation including oversight of construction. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of civil and environmental professionals to develop and implement innovative technical solutions for the projects.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- planning field activities,
- field oversight of subcontractors,
- evaluating site data and authoring technical reports,
- communicating with staff/client/regulatory agencies, and
- ensuring quality execution for all stages of the project.
- 4 to 8 years of related experience
- Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
- Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling
- Experience with construction/large scale remediation projects
- Excellent client interaction
- Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, MGP waste, etc.
- Office experience related to scheduling, lab coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher(s).
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card and American Petroleum Institute (API) Work Safe certification a plus
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.