WHO WE ARE…
Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. (BA) is a global interdisciplinary A/E firm established in 1939. Offering services that include Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design and Construction. BA serves various market sectors consisting of Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Maritime, Municipal, Residential and Transportation. Headquartered in Miami, the firm operates on 6 continents from its offices in New York, Florida and Denmark and is highly recognized for its award-winning designs and extraordinary service.
BA is a leading port planning, developing and engineering firm worldwide with renowned expertise in cruise, cargo, and port operations. BA stands as one of only a handful of architectural, engineering and planning firms responsible for shaping the way waterfronts operate and respond to the diverse and complex needs of the industry.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
BA has an immediate position available in its New York office for a Marine Engineer (Structural) with the ability to provide technical support to various marine and waterfront projects. This individual will make a meaningful contribution to our multi-disciplinary team of Architects, Engineers, and Planners and will be involved throughout the life of a project. General duties include preparation of construction documents, executing structural design tasks, and interfacing with other discipline specialists.
- Performing engineering studies and preparing design documents for marine projects including port terminals, marinas, seawalls, and others;
- Works on detailed engineering assignments involving engineering theory, calculations and sensitivity analyses. Proposes approach to solve problems encountered;
- Design of steel, prestressed and reinforced concrete, and timber structural elements;
- Preparing construction documents (drawings and specifications) and ensuring all projects comply with applicable codes and regulations;
- Performing onsite investigations of structures and developing reports detailing findings and assessments thereof;
- Assists with the coordination and communication of project related activities between department, managers, and clients;
- Assist with the development of presentations and report submittals;
- Ability to participate in construction progress meetings and construction site visits.
- Assist to provide technical support during construction including review of contractor's submittals and shop drawings for conformance to design documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, Coastal Engineering. Master’s preferred;
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of marine engineering design experience (structural);
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, SAP2000, L-Pile, PYWALL or equivalent software experience;
- Ability to assist with drawing production and provide software technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude and a responsible work ethic.
HOW TO APPLY…
Interested candidates should apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to the email provided. BA offers competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. No recruiters please.
MORE ABOUT B&A…
BA is consistently ranked as one of the leading A/E design firms in the country and continues expanding operations on all fronts. The Firm has an extensive portfolio of exceptional design projects both locally and internationally and offers great opportunities for professional growth. The Firm operates on six continents from its offices in New York, Miami, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and overseas in Denmark.
The firm’s professional staff of over 150 talented individuals is always committed to embracing the client’s vision and needs first. With an abiding promise to its clients and the communities that it serves, BA has the unique expertise to connect projects on an intimate level and constantly evolve the quality of life in regions around the world. The firm has continuously developed innovative design technologies resulting in intelligent, sustainable solutions that enrich the built environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Bermello, Ajamil and Partners, Inc. (BA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- This position is specifically for applicants experienced in Marine Engineering design (Structural); Do you meet the minimum 3-year requirement of this skill?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19