The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a Manufacturing Engineer supporting electronics manufacturing. This role will require you to be organized with exceptional attention-to-detail skills. You will collaborate with manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other key essential team members supporting manufacturing. Individuals in this role typically have 2 or more years of professional experience, are able to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team, are self-starters with the ability to think, and be dedicated in their efforts. This is considered a journey-level career position.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
- You will perform various duties including creating and/or developing mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes.
- Support the manufacturing of circuit cards, sub-assemblies, electronic packages, and electronic boxes.
- Assist in investigating design/manufacturing factors such as equipment or part availability, manufacturability, ease of assembly, weight and cost.
- You will assist with evaluating vendor designs/processes.
- Create and maintain all assembly documentation.
- Trouble shoot/correct anomalies and discrepant h hardware.
- Work with others to establish development, verification, and qualification test requirements, implement the test program, and evaluate the results.
- Provide floor support for a mechanical and electronics manufacturing environment that includes circuit card, cable, sub-assembly, module and box assembly shops.
- Communicate with program personnel and report project statuses to program leadership.
- You will serve in the capacity shop floor liaison.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Knowledge and/or experience with electronics and mechanical manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electronics shop theory.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret electronics and mechanical engineering drawings and bill of materials.
- Experience with cost estimation and/or quote preparation.
- Experience with computer applications such as windows, word, excel, power point.
- Ability to write work instructions, reports and keep accurate documentation.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Management (ERM), SAP & Part, Materials & Processes (PMP) & VECAMS.
- Manufacturing flow centers and LEAN manufacturing flow optimization.
- Problem solving techniques to resolve quality issues and ability to design and develop manufacturing aids to improve manufacturing efficiency and in-process quality.
- LM21 Green Belt and LEAN Mfg. certified.
- Possess a current Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.