Applies various engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives.
- Analyzes performance data within engineering. • Analyzes and documents existing processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends solutions to management. • Researches and analyzes technical or engineering related information independently. Presents improvement recommendations to management. • Prepares accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis independently. Monitors expenditures to ensure spending is applied and within budget guidelines. • Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members, internal customers, and senior management. • Applies project management fundamentals and concepts. Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, field communication memos, and presentations for management review. • Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility. • Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree.
- Four (4) years experience required in technical area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. • Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Other Job Description Information
This position may be domiciled anywhere in the U.S..
This position is responsible to serve as the Maximo Enterprise Asset Software (EAM) subject matter expert. Manages all functional improvements, trouble shooting, enhancements, and expansions of the Maximo system from the perspective of an expert in the design, capabilities, and functionality of Maximo software.
% of Travel for the Position:
- Serves as the Core Maximo subject matter expert. Understands the detailed inner workings of the system, databases, and overall functionality. Utilizes this skill set to troubleshoot system bugs and correct errors
- Manage current Maximo architecture and provide guidance and support for future architecture needs to facilitate enhancements and correct issues.
- Instrumental in creation and execution of the Maximo roadmap that would include envisioning and planning for future functionality as well as phased activity to provide / improve current functionality. Stays in sync with current technology trends to build into the roadmap. Reliability.
- Responsible for the defining and managing scope of work, schedule, and budget to successfully execute the Maximo roadmap
- Serves as industry expert in EAM software and provides guidance on trending and best practices in the industry
- Manages the Change Management activities associated with all new and revised functionality
1000 FedEx Drive
FXG-US/USA/P090/PGH - FedEx Ground
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce