Orndorf & Associates, Inc. is a full service structural engineering and design firm located in suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with branch offices in Greenville and Rehoboth, DE. We are an award-winning, client-oriented firm that combines the extensive in-depth experience of a larger engineering firm with the personalized service of a small firm. (Note that our new website is under construction.)
Our firm provides engineering and design services in wide array of sectors including K-12 facilities, higher-education, municipal, public projects, commercial buildings, mall and shopping centers, single family and multi-family developments, large mixed-use buildings, medical buildings and hospitals, houses of worship, and industrial facilities. We also perform construction engineering services including underpinning design, sheeting and shoring, temporary shoring structures, specialty cold formed steel engineering, connection engineering and construction sequence consulting. We perform structural health investigations, due-diligence studies, damage assessment studies, dynamic and vibration studies, historic restoration, and fall protection design services.
O&A offers the right candidate with a great professional environment and work setting while offering a very diverse range of projects to work and gain experience on. We employ an easily accessible and supportive staff who have developed a group mentoring culture which has been key to our success. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a motivated structural engineer with excellent technical and communication skills to work with our Project Managers & Principals to develop structural designs for a variety of building and non-building structures.
- Analysis, Design and Documentation of building structures
- Prepare complete construction drawings with plans, sections and details
- Perform and prepare structural calculations and Finite Element Modeling
- Performing construction administration services (Shop Drawings, RFIs, and field visits)
- Management of projects from start to finish with the help of supervising PM/Principal.
- Prepare engineering reports
- Research code issues (building and structural)
- Prepare and present in-house seminars
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future project management role.
- Ability to work in a group environment for larger projects.
- Possess professional curiosity, desire for self-learning and research.
- Possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project management and relationship building (internal & external teams).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display positive attitude
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of previous experience in building structural design and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering
- EIT preferred and plans for PE / SE licensure
- Strong Proficiency in Revit and AutoCad required.
- Familiarity with FEM, RAM Structural Systems, RAM Elements, RAM Concept, etc..
- Working knowledge of building codes: IBC 2009 & 2012, ASCE7 - 05 – 10 - 16
- Working knowledge of AISC 360, ACI 318 and NDS.
- Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments independently, under the supervision of a senior engineer, PM or Principal.
Note: O&A does not accept inquiries from third party recruiting agencies and/or individual
Job Type: Full-time