Otak is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineering Manager to join our team!
About: When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
Job Summary: Otak is investing to grow the Transportation Business in our Portland and Vancouver offices. To help lead our growth and diversify our client base, Otak is seeking to hire a Transportation Specialist. This person will be responsible for client relationships, positioning and selling Otak’s services, and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams. The work will include a wide variety of projects throughout the region including municipal roadway, grading, drainage, utility, and transit projects for existing and new public clients. The ideal candidate will have existing client relationships, good communication skills and be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
Salary: $125,000 - $135,000/year - depending on experience
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Participate in business development activities including client meetings and preparation of proposals
- Oversee design services related to roadway, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations, for a variety of public local agencies
- Oversee preparation of specifications and cost estimates
- Plan and coordinate projects with limited supervision
- Assist in assigning duties and schedules to team member
- Prepare project scope, schedule, and budget
- Provide construction support services
- Mentor internal team staff and support the growth of younger engineers
- Take active role in quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) program
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Valid Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience required, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for DOT and municipal clients
- 3+ years of Microstation and AutoCAD/Civil 3D experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment
Indeed Hire and Otak are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- civil engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Microstation and AutoCAD/Civil 3D: 3 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Required)
- Portland, OR: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)