Stratus Plastics KY is recruiting an experienced individual to fill the position of Process Technician.
The ideal candidate will develop and improve the manufacturing processes for the production of high precision injection molded parts. Working with management, technicians and operators to continually improve manufacturing processes such as decrease cycle times/optimize production, maximize throughput rate, increase product quality, mold change reduction time, minimize scrap and troubleshoot processing problems.
* Mold set-ups and take-downs.
* Develop, document and implement standard molding processes and methodologies.
* Use scientific molding method to validate new molding processes and re-validate existing/legacy molds. Perform OQ’s & PQ’s, documenting plastic parameters and run parameters.
* Research, design and develop manufacturing processes and new technologies.
* Recommend and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
* Work with design, manufacturing, production, engineers and tooling during the entire development cycle.
* Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes and material issues. Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions.
* Research, develop and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements.
* Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or molding improvements.
* At least 5 years of injection molding experience.
* 2-5 years’ experience in mold design and set-up.
* 2-5 years’ experience in a process improvement/engineering role.
* Willingness to work overtime for customer needs and weekends
Job Type: Full-time