PROJECT SURVEYOR – HEAVY CONSTRUCTION
What you can expect at Westlake:
- Diverse clients & projects. A variety of project types, from residential, to high-precision industrial measurement for complex construction, to 3D laser scanning for mapping.
- Common drive. As an 'Innovative Small Business' award-winner, we share a passion to be more than average.
- A tightly-knit team. Together, we embrace the hard work it takes to be an industry leader. Together, we celebrate our accomplishments with killer barbeques & holiday parties.
- A horizontal organizational style. Contributions of all team members are valued and integral to our success.
- Investment in you & the technology you use. We're committed to training and professional development for our team, and to making sure you have the state-of-the-art equipment you need to do your job.
At Westlake Consultants, Inc., our civil engineers, land surveyors, planners, 3D measurement specialists, and support staff are problem-solvers who work together to create successful project outcomes. Founded in 1983, we offer innovation, responsiveness, and solid professional expertise to our wide range of clients. We enjoy an excellent reputation as an industry leader in the Portland Metropolitan area, and we are known for our high standard of professionalism. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy working collaboratively within a creative, professional environment, we invite you to send us your qualifications.
- A current Oregon Professional Land Surveying license is preferred; an LSIT is required
- A college degree is preferable
- A minimum 7 years’ experience in responsible charge for managing heavy construction projects (i.e. bridges, highways, high rise buildings, hospitals, shopping malls)
- Proficient with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Proficient in performing calculations using construction plans and/or CAD design drawings
- Proficient in checking calculations and field data in CAD drawings
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience in preparing cost estimates, staking scopes, and proposals for bidding purposes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- * Research and develop work plans for survey projects;
- * Perform survey and utility research;
- * Coordinate with survey crews to accomplish project goals;
- * Manage, supervise and train field and office staff for efficient completion of projects;
- Maintain relationships with Contractors, Project Managers, and Superintendents
- * Estimate and budget man-hours for survey projects, review monthly job costing report for invoicing and project management.
- Must pass a pre-employment and random drug tests
- Must pass a background report and obtain TWIC credentials
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- 100% company-paid competitive benefit package
- medical and dependent care flexible benefit plan
- company-paid short term disability insurance policy
FINANCIAL WELL BEING
- profit share, 401(k)
- company-paid term life and AD&D and optional policies
- professional education and licensure allowances
- in-house continuing education opportunities
WORK / LIFE BALANCE
- paid vacation time, sick leave, 7 paid holidays
We are parents, coaches, board members, and dog lovers. We work together to achieve scheduling flexibility in order to meet personal and professional goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Land Survey: 7 years (Preferred)