Referentia Systems Incorporated has a proven track record for successfully developing innovative advanced computing solutions to meet critical needs for the U.S. Department of Defense, and transitioning those technologies to the commercial sector.
We are growing and looking for talented, team oriented, dedicated professionals who share our passion for quality, innovation, and continuous learning and share our values of leadership, proactive mindset, integrity, reliability, humility, and the spirit of aloha.
Position: SOFTWARE ENGINEER SENIOR (HONOLULU, HI)
Member of the engineering team that will help lead the development of software to automate several steps in the NIST Risk Management Framework. Candidates will be responsible for playing an active role in the analysis of requirements, design, and development of our software solutions. Applies and upholds industry standard methodologies of systems design and architecture. Performs analysis and identifies solutions to complex technical problems.
- Leads team of software engineers on specific project. Plans, estimates, and manages technical aspects of project. Performs as Technical Lead for project.
- Defines business problems and derives requirements through interaction with customers.
- Derives engineering requirements from high level requirements. Ensures requirements are accurately implemented and verified.
- Designs, develops, and tests software solutions.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of programming data-structures, databases, and algorithm implementations.
- Identifies solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adheres to and provides insight into software methodology, standards, and best practices.
- Works effectively as a team member.
- Continually grows technical skills and understanding of engineering and project requirements.
- Self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent certifications and experience
- 9+ years experience in developing software engineering solutions; master’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience
- Must have strong knowledge in object-oriented design
- Full stack web development experience is required
- Experience with the NIST RMF process is required
- Experience in agile software development is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to implement, monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana is a plus
- Able to obtain DoD clearance is required
Referentia provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, drug),paid time off, income protection coverage, 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience in developing software engineering solutions do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place