Who we are
Simnet is not your average managed service provider. We are NOT a break/fix shop, we are dedicated and passionate IT personnel that focus our energy on top of the line solutions that are tailored to suite our clients’ needs. We value learning, we value transparency, and we value our employees.
We are in search of our next superstar. As the L1 Support, you are the first point of contact for many clients and we are looking for a friendly technician that is passionate about helping others. If you have superb troubleshooting skills and want to be hands on with the newest technology, then Simnet may be a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do
- Be hands on with numerous applications. No two clients are alike and so there is no end to the variety of things you will work on each day
- Be the first point of contact for our clients – closing or escalating tickets in a timely manner
- Be a documentation wizard! Leaving detailed notes on requirements and solutions.
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed. Seriously, share that knowledge with all!
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement. We always want to hear how it can be done better.
-Strong understanding and hands-on experience with:
- Computer and server hardware
- Networking and routing protocols such as DNS, TCP/IP, ports, protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Windows Server (multiple versions)
- Linux (any flavor)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
-Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes. Don’t’ worry if you don’t have this yet, you will have 6 months after start date to achieve.
-Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
-Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
-Strong documentation skills.
-Experience maintaining timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticketing system; familiarity with Zoho Desk or other ticketing tools.
What you know
Formal Education & Certification
-College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1+ years of solid IT help desk skills. Experience in managed services (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR) environment is a plus.
-Additional weight will be given to candidate with the following:
- MSCE, MCE or MCP certifications or equivalent certifications
- Network +
- ITIL® v.4 Foundation certification
- Fortinet NSE4
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be ready and willing to commit to continuous education, certification, and self-improvement.
- 40-hour workweek however, hours of work will vary and may be irregular to meet the company’s needs.
- Participation in a rotating 24x7 on-call rotation along with afterhours patching and maintenance.
- Sitting/standing in one location for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Willing and able to travel to client site as needed. A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license are needed for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- IT Support: 1 year (required)
- Drivers Licence (required)