We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
The Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer- Mechanical reports to the Shift Lead and is responsible for performing line maintenance and heavy maintenance within their appropriate skill and ability level, in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The AME Apprentice is a learning role and is responsible to learn through action in the following key areas:
Project Maintenance: The AME Apprentice works under Shift Lead supervision on line and heavy maintenance projects, involving:
- Learning a thorough understanding of systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics - on multiple aircraft
Demonstrated Technical Skills: The AME Apprentice is expected to be able to demonstrate their capability to understand and perform the following technical functions:
- Able to accurately identify, obtain, use and test appropriate tools for the jobs.
Safety: The AME Apprentice must apply safe work practices in all job duties
Documentation: The AME Apprentice is responsible to become familiar with general KF paperwork and parts ordering
Tool Control: Complies with the KF Tool Control policy
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Completion of Transport Canada approved AME-M course
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Able to take direction from others
- Quick learner
- Must be physically fit
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must be able to work shiftwork
HOURS OF WORK
This is a shift work position which will require you to work days, nights, and weekends. KF Aerospace works on a 3-week rotating shift schedule.
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an AME-M Apprentice with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. The position starts at $18.60/hr with bi-annual performance and wage reviews.
Apprentices are expected to work towards filling out their Logbook & achieving their Transport Canada license. Once you have achieved your Transport Canada License, your wage will increase to $28.14/hr, with room to grow into Senior AME & Shift Lead roles.
Beyond a competitive salary, and the chance to be at the center of a vibrant international travel hub, we offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- A Health Spending Account
- Disability, Critical Illness and Life Insurance
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An Employee Pension
- Jump seat travel available on company aircraft
- Annual company profit sharing program
- Personal Time Off and much more
Job Type: Full-time