Thoroughbred Engineering, a locally owned full services engineering, surveying, construction services firm, seeks a highly motivated Site/Civil Design Engineer to join our team. Our company is experiencing tremendous growth and opportunity due to our unique environment centered around communication, transparency, knowledge, planning and execution.
- Direct and execute Civil Design project assignments including, engineering analysis, plans/specifications preparation, stakeholder coordination, planing/zoning coordination and construction administration.
- Produce simple to complex, accurate drawings and illustrations in accordance with company standards from data, sketches, or verbal communication from technical staff with general direction.
- Develop preliminary site layouts, grading plans, utility plans and profiles, geologic and hydro-geologic cross-sections, and other details.
- Utilize AutoCAD and related software programs to perform routine calculations such as determining distances, areas, and volumes and more complex calculations such as determining soil balance, landfill volumes, and stormwater drainage volumes
- Creates 3D surfaces reflective of horizontal and vertical geometrics.
- Provide teamwork leadership for project teams, including but not limited too, Surveyors, CADD Professionals, Landscape Architects and Civil Engineers.
- Coordinate between services lines, including Geotechnical, Environmental, Surveying and Construction Oversight.
- A BS degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Registration as Professional Civil Engineer in Kentucky is desired. However, an Engineer In Training is applicable.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience. A significant understanding of hydrology and civil site design.
- Working Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCad Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in project management with proven ability to meet business goals.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with public sector, commercial development, Industrial Development and transportation clients.
- Strong desire to continuously improve and meet professional development goals.
Thoroughbred’s local and national client base offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of project types and an outstanding career opportunity with our company. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Following proper safety guidelines is part of what makes Thoroughbred's operation successful, and you will be expected to follow our established safety policies and procedures. All candidates will be required to have a cleaning driving record and participate in pre-employment drug screening. Thoroughbred is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- CAD software: 4 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineering (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance