Purchasing manager will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment, and services used by the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Examines bids and recommends awards.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when authorized and monitors cost during the time period.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies are delivered.
- Manages stocking levels and requirements for all locations.
- Coordinates with Sales Management to ensure stock is available for sales specials.
- Manage order calendar daily.
- Manage inventory day supply, not to exceed 61 days.
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. Laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Review engineering and manufacturing specifications to identify materials needed for product assembly for all manufactured goods
- Search available products to find the best combination of quality, price and deliver
- Research and find the best vendors to supply materials needed for manufacturing process
- Contact vendors and liaise between product engineers, manufacturing personnel and suppliers to negotiate contracts to secure required materials for the production floor
- Conduct supplier quality control audits on a regular basis to ensure vendors and their supplies remain in compliance with company and federal manufacturing and production standards
- Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships
- Maintain a supplier database and include performance evaluations and quality control audits in the database for in-house access by company and manufacturing management personnel
- Assist with logistics, including communications with vendors when there are packaging and receiving issues when materials arrive at receiving dock
- Develop purchasing strategies and identify buying trends to keep the business profitable
- Conduct self-guided research to become familiar with what products are available as well as their costs and benefits
- Negotiate policies and contracts with various suppliers
- Manage deliveries to confirm compliance with contracts
- Monitor stock levels and verify purchase requisitions
- Identify damaged or defective goods and work out an alternative solution with the supplier
- Maintain professional relationships with all key suppliers
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area preferred but not necessary
- 1 year of purchasing experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible