ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
RAIL / ROLLING STOCK / HEAVY EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING
This job is on-site work at the location of the facility in Beaufort, SC
Under the responsibility of the Senior Electrical Engineer and Engineering Manager, we are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer for our new Beaufort SC industrial site dedicated to the design, manufacturing, and distribution of rail equipment.
The electrical engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues across project teams from engineering and product development to implementation and manufacturing. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design functional electrical components and systems for use in commercial equipment.
· Supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment.
· Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of electrical systems, components, and products.
· Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical systems.
· Develop electrical products and systems to meet customer specifications.
· Research and test manufacturing and assembly processes. Develop innovative processes for continuous improvement.
· Collect and analyze data to create reports about ongoing projects.
· Comply with local, state, and federal regulations to uphold the company’s reputation.
· Ability to communicate across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of large-scale projects.
· Troubleshoot to solve unforeseen problems with product design or implementation.
· Maintain detailed database to catalog products and component parts.
· Train and supervise technicians to assist in project completion.
· Expand professional and technical knowledge of leading-edge developments in electrical engineering through participation in professional organizations, networking events, and educational workshops.
· Review industry publications to maintain a current perspective on the electrical engineering field.
· Experience designing with CAD (2D and 3D). SolidWorks preferred, Catia V5 or Pro-E acceptable.
· Knowledge of basic safety standards and application.
· Conceive conceptual ideas and thoughts for equipment design, components of equipment, and systems of equipment
· Makes sketches, creates components, 3D models of components, systems and schematics.
· Analyses data to develop new designs. Uses engineering principles to determine loads and performs necessary calculations to support new design.
· Uses the computer assisted design 2D and 3D software to create detail drawings from prepared 3D models, sketches and vendor documents from which manufacturing either makes or purchases component/parts.
· Assist in testing to verify and develop new/existing machine design
· Assist in building, or modification of equipment components and equipment.
· Uses the computer assisted design software to alter /change existing drawings.
· Uses the computer assisted design software to generate part assemblies, instructions and specifications
· Using “Engineering’s” bill of material format, generate “BOM”.
· Uses computer assisted 2D software to create schematics and diagrams.
· Creates the engineering documentation to communicate the release/change of parts, assemblies and bills of material to manufacturing.
· Responsible for setting up and maintaining organizes files in computer system.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field preferred.
· Previous work experience in electrical engineering or related position.
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications.
· Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter.
· Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials.
· Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
· High attention to detail with a desire for excellence.
· Experience level of 0-5 years in engineering disciplines.
· Knowledge in engineering principles and disciplines.
- Familiarity with North American and European standards.
- Fact and detail-oriented mindset.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Company sponsored programs, vendor sponsored programs, ASE certifications
· General computer proficiency including spreadsheet and data base tools.
· Familiarity with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems.
Physical and Environmental Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, walk, stand, sit, talk, move about, hear and speak.
The employee must be able to independently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and be able to use appropriate support equipment to lift and move greater amounts.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee is required to use properly use such safety equipment as is appropriate to the work to prevent injury to self or others.
GEISMAR NORTH AMERICA, INC. offers a robust benefits package [upon completion of plan guideline requirements and probationary period(s)] to include:
§ Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage (Employer share approximately 80%)
§ Company paid Group Life, STD and LTD
§ 401K Plan with Employer Disbursement of 3% of Annual Salary, PLUS an additional one-to-one match of up to 3% when Employees contributions at least 3% upon meeting Plan guideline requirements
§ Paid Time Off (accrues at 5 hours per pay period; up to 120 hours per year)
§ 10 ½ Paid Holidays
GEISMAR OF NORTH AMERICA, INC. is an EEOC compliant company. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
We support affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
We are dedicated to making it understood by the employment entities with whom we do business, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only.
We encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment. Individuals who may need reasonable accommodate are encouraged to apply.
It is our policy of that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are non-segregated. Separate or single-user toilet and changing facilities are provided to assure privacy.
Finally, we ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor or the company Human Resources Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Beaufort, SC 29906: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location