Design, code and test web-based and other applications. Perform needs analyses and assessments to determine systems methodology best suited to end-user goals.
- Assist in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation and maintenance of websites and web applications.
- Participate in the analysis of requirements and assist in producing website and web application technical specifications.
- Follow all architectural and security standards, policies, and guidelines of the Government of Alberta when building websites and web applications.
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing, and performance testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting websites and web application issues in any environment.
- Assist in optimizing the website and web application content including graphics, databases, and animation.
- Assist in optimizing the performance of websites and web applications.
- Create or update existing websites and web applications, support documentation for assigned websites and web applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment.
- Assist in managing, maintaining, development, and system test environments required to maintain the application.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of all recommended websites and web application architecture, development standards, and guidelines.
- Provide tracking, reporting of time, and status on all work as required.
Reference ID: STC-AB-0091
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 /hour
- Web Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19